Monday, May 9, 2011

An Inconvenient Truth: Apologies

        You can never make someone apologize. Its something they must muster up, to right a wrong, or misunderstanding. That rubs me the wrong way because they waste my time. Wasting time that I will never get back with that person, making memories, having laughs. Life is so short that it makes me angry that they don’t take the time to realize what they did wrong and just own up to it. It really is the simplest task but a very gentle and complex one.

       It just surprises me in some situations because I am always aware of the things that I say and do to people (my actions) and take responsibility for them. I make a conscious effort to make sure that I am not hurting anyone’s feelings while still being honest. My intentions are never to do someone harm, its just not in my character to go out of my way and say and act in a hateful way. I think it takes a lot more effort to be mean to someone. I know what it feels like to be in certain situations and I know when to back off because you cant “kick a dog when its down”.

       One might say I’ am holding a grudge but why try making something work with a person that doesn’t put in the effort. It really does take two to tango. I hate using that phrase because everyone knows It so well but it really does make sense in this situation. I will probably never come to terms with it because I just know that one day they will regret not apologizing and I wont be able to get the time wasted back.

No comments:

Post a Comment