Doing all the artistically oriented mindbook entries has got me thinking about painting. Painting is something that I have never tried to do but looks so complex and difficult. I am decent at drawing but doubt my abilities to apply my artistic flair to painting. All year I was posed with the question, “Sammy have you ever tried?” by my art teachers and my lousy answer was always “No”.
All year round I have been surrounded by amazing artists in my AP art class and I love to observe the amount of talent that comes so effortless for them. I have learned some basics from Ms. Self though.
Front to back.
Dark to light.
Thinking about all these doubts and listening to a TED presentation about dissecting fears has gotten me to make a decision. I have taken it upon myself to embark in painting this summer. I have decided why not try and just feel out the medium myself instead of living in doubts of the way my product might turn out.
Painting, here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment