Starting the QE essay was definitely the hardest part. Picking out which question I was most comfortable with was the toughest task. My thesis was what role education serves in creativity and imagination. I was surprised I picked the question I did because I would usually dispute that question. After I turned in the first section of my essay and reading the comments made on it, I realized I was concentrating more on my intro example than the question at hand.
This is a recurring issue I have with writing papers. I tend to get lost in thought about my essay and try to analyze all parts when I digress without even knowing I did so. I have to learn to always refer back to the thesis so that I do not get lost in trying to prove my point.
I was surprised how easy it was for me to write the body paragraphs. Once I got started, I was able to accurately communicate what I wanted to get across and had strong examples to support my thesis. Even though my first three paragraphs were hard to follow, I realized I needed to get into the swing of writing and then I was successful communicating my thoughts in a concise and thoughtful way.
I find it increasingly helpful when I have another pair of eyes look at my work because I may think I am communicating something when the reader realizes I have not touched based upon what I want to come across in the essay. I have always had trouble with writing and I dread it every time I have an assignment such as this one. Even though I dread these assignments, I try to do my best and always push through my obstacles, in this case communicating my points.
When writing the third section of my essay I easily came up with a resonant image that many have already heard. I used the metaphor a house is built from the ground up, education is like the basic building blocks to ones imagination and just like a house, it cannot be built without the foundation. This image was easy to relate because it made a direct relationship to the reader, therefore making it a strong relationship. I felt if there were more deadlines, for example to turn in a revised section two that it would not only help the teacher when grading but also me because I would learn from my mistakes that maybe I did not catch.
No comments:
Post a Comment