In Becca’s “Best of the Week” blog she explained that thoroughly reading and applying ourselves to the reading will help us with its understanding and help us in the long run.
My comment on Becca’s blog:
Becca,
When you began explaining how many of us have trouble really learning something, I had a flashback of reading The Shadow Catcher. For example, I had read the same paragraph for 10 minutes straight one time without even remotely understanding what I had just read. Sometimes letters become bunched together and become blurred while your brain is thinking and communicating with something else entirely different than looking at the task at hand.
I realized that thinking about how we think is a very complex and different way of analyzing oneself and I appreciate you writing a blog about this because most do not take the time to think of the importance of a word that most would just blow over. I agree that it is a smart and beneficial move to actually take the time and look up that unknown term for ones greater understanding.
Rayn had an interesting initial reaction to Susan Sontags Essay one that was objective and not Biased.
My comment on Rayn’s blog:
Rayn,
I appreciate your perspective on how you let yourself look outside of the box as you heard Susan Sontag’s essay. Most classmate’s initial reactions were just completely disagreeing with Sontag and her “anti American views” but I enjoy that you did not automatically take an initial side as you familiarized yourself with what really happened with facts and looked at the bigger picture rather than just passing biased judgment.
I also enjoyed your comment about how you thought that media runs America and this is true in many aspects especially for all ages. For example, magazines, newspapers, movies and much more all create biased views for those reading articles or those watching the news. I agree that America likes to think its all about the facts when in reality they just really want to skew the perspective of what they want you to believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment