1)Blog owner: Ben
Bens Point: Placebo effect of a dream-catcher
My Comment:
Funny how you mention dream-catchers guys cause I have one too, but I never got around to hanging it up. My mom loves the Native American culture so for her its so natural to buy me them.
In Psych we were just learning about the sleep stages and what happens to the brain/body in each stage. I learned that you only dream in the REM stage of sleeping which is the deepest stage(5) of a cycle. I also found it extremely interesting that when the brain is awake the brain waves are similar looking to the brain waves of someone who is in REM sleep or Rapid Eye Movement sleep. How can being awake and being in the deepest sleep be the same for a brain?
I just don't understand how dream-catchers became so famous for protecting you from having nightmares when it really is as Ben stated, "A placebo effect".
2)Blog owner: Jon
Jons Point: how interesting poetry can be if one takes the time to analyze it
My Comment:
I agree that poetry can be quite misunderstood but it can also be the most amazing way to express oneself such as this poem. I had the same initial reaction as you but when taking the time to really analyze and look through the clues and meanings of why the author chose to make certain fragments and certain letters paired together the beauty of the falling leaf can be found if one chooses to look for it.
Power of poetry, can be much more than just squiggles and that make up words, sentences, paragraphs. Language it epic and allows us to communicate in so many different ways. I love poetry have you ever written a poem?
No comments:
Post a Comment